The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam every year to recruit candidates for various positions in the Indian Railways. The RRB NTPC exam is one of the most sought-after exams among job seekers in India. As the exam is expected to be conducted in the coming months, it is essential for candidates to start preparing for the exam in advance.
To crack the RRB NTPC exam, it is crucial to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide to the RRB NTPC exam syllabus and pattern and help candidates prepare effectively for the exam.
The RRB NTPC exam consists of three stages:
1. Computer Based Test (CBT) – Stage 1: This is the preliminary stage of the exam conducted online consisting of 100 questions to be answered in 90 minutes. The questions will be from General Awareness, Mathematics, and General Intelligence and Reasoning.
2. Computer Based Test (CBT) – Stage 2: Those who clear the Stage 1 exam will be called for Stage 2. This stage also consists of 100 questions, and the time duration is 90 minutes. The questions will be from General Awareness, Mathematics, and General Intelligence and Reasoning, along with questions from the candidate’s chosen subject.
3. Typing Test/Skill Test: Candidates who clear the Stage 2 exam will be called for the typing test/skill test based on the post they have applied for.
1. General Awareness: Questions related to Current Affairs, Indian Geography, Economy, Polity, Environmental Studies, General Science, and History.
2. Mathematics: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Statistics.
3. General Intelligence and Reasoning: Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Series, Blood Relation, Distance and Direction, Statement and Conclusion, and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
4. Subject-specific questions: Candidates have to choose a subject from the given list during the application process. Questions based on the chosen subject will be asked in Stage 2 of the exam.