The Staff Selection Commission (SSC), conducts the General Duty (GD) examination to select suitable candidates for various posts in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Aspirants must familiarize themselves with the exam pattern and syllabus to ensure success. Apart from this, a good collection of books is essential for thorough preparation. In this article, we will discuss some must-have books to help you win the SSC GD exam.
1. “General Knowledge” by Lucent Publications: This book is a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects of general knowledge required for the exam. It provides in-depth information about history, geography, politics, science, and current affairs. As SSC GD tests the candidate’s knowledge about their surroundings and their awareness of recent events, this book is a must-have.
2. “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by R.S. Aggarwal: Quantitative aptitude is a crucial section in the SSC GD exam. This book by R.S. Aggarwal is designed to cater to the needs and level of difficulty required for competitive exams. It covers all the topics in a detailed and explanatory manner, making it easier for candidates to understand and practice different mathematical concepts.
3. “Objective English” by S.P. Bakshi: English language proficiency is another important aspect of the SSC GD exam. This book by S.P. Bakshi is a well-known resource for those preparing for competitive exams. The book covers grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and other aspects of the English language. It also provides practice exercises and previous years’ question papers to help candidates analyze their progress.
4. “Fast Track Objective Arithmetic” by Rajesh Verma: This book focuses exclusively on arithmetic, which is an integral part of the SSC GD exam. It contains a wide range of objective questions that cover all the topics necessary for the exam. The book also includes shortcut techniques, calculation tricks, and practice exercises to enhance the candidate’s speed and accuracy in solving arithmetic problems.
5. “A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning” by R.S. Aggarwal: Reasoning ability is an essential skill required for cracking the SSC GD exam. This book by R.S. Aggarwal provides a comprehensive and logical approach to various reasoning topics. It covers both verbal and non-verbal reasoning, ensuring that the candidates are well-prepared for any type of question that may appear in the exam.
6. “Manorama Yearbook 2022”: The Manorama Yearbook is a popular reference book that provides reliable information on various topics. It covers national and international events, sports, awards, and other relevant current affairs. This book is recommended for enhancing general knowledge and staying updated with recent happenings.
In addition to these books, candidates must also solve previous years’ question papers and take mock tests regularly to get a clear understanding of the exam pattern and improve time management skills.
It is essential to remember that while these books are valuable resources, candidates should also focus on understanding concepts, practicing regularly, and developing a disciplined study routine. Self-discipline, determination, and consistent efforts are key to mastering the SSC GD exam.