The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts Group 2 exams to recruit candidates for various positions in the Tamil Nadu government. If you are preparing for the TNPSC Group 2 exam, it is important to understand the exam pattern so that you can prepare accordingly. In this article, we’ll discuss the TNPSC Group 2 exam pattern and what you need to know.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 2 exam is conducted in three stages. They are:
1. Preliminary Exam – This is the first stage of the TNPSC Group 2 exam. Candidates who clear this exam will be eligible for the next stage. The exam is an objective type and is conducted online.
2. Main Exam – This is the second stage of the TNPSC Group 2 exam. Candidates who clear the Preliminary exam will be eligible for this stage. The exam is a descriptive type and is conducted offline.
3. Interview – This is the final stage of the TNPSC Group 2 exam. Candidates who clear the Main exam will be eligible for this stage. In this stage, candidates will be interviewed by a panel of experts.
The TNPSC Group 2 exam consists of questions from the following subjects:
1. General Tamil or General English – Candidates have to choose either General Tamil or General English. The questions will test the candidate’s knowledge in grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension.
2. General Studies – This subject covers a wide range of topics including Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian History, Geography, Science, and Technology.
3. Aptitude and Mental Ability Test – This subject tests the candidate’s reasoning ability, data analysis, and problem-solving skills.
Exam Duration and Mark Distribution
The TNPSC Group 2 exam duration and mark distribution are as follows:
Subject No. of questions Duration
General Studies 75 questions 3 hours
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test 25 questions Total 100 questions.
General Studies – Descriptive 3 hours
The interview will be conducted for a maximum of 40 marks.